Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Happy Fourth...

Of July, that is! I was lucky enough to spend the weekend in the beautiful Callaway Gardens with Kristina's family and some close friends.When Kristina told me we could make dessert for Sunday night dinner, I immediately thought of this infamous cake by Martha. Although I made a few alterations. First, I cut the recipe in half, as it made a huge cake, and there weren't that many of us eating...
Second, the original recipe just calls for berries on the top of the cake, but I thought it needed some more color and texture, so I added some strawberries to the center layer as well. Then just carried on piping stars and adding fruit to create the flag on top.I had Kristina add some leftover raspberries and blueberries around the edge for a finishing touch!
Presenting the perfect patriotic cake in our festive red white and blue outfits! Hope everyone had a great 4th of July!

3 comments: