Sunday, February 6, 2011

Baby birthday cakes!

It's been way too long since I've baked! This is one of my most busy semesters trying to get everything done before graduation in MAY! I can't believe it! But I finally found some time and a great reason to bake, Anna's birthday!
I decided to make the same mini chocolate cupcakes I made while at my sister's over the holidays because they baked up so well and I love the tiny size for parties!Simple but delicious ingredients! Then I needed to make some frosting and decided to go with raspberries because they give frosting such a pretty pink shade and a fresh flavor! Since raspberries aren't really in season right now, and none of the fresh ones in my grocery looked all that good, I just got a bag of frozen ones and let them thaw in the fridge overnight then pureed them! Then I made a simple buttercream (2 sticks butter, 1lb powdered sugar) and added 1/2 cup of the raspberry puree... And piped it in pretty little ruffles! They looked pretty good, but I still had some raspberry puree left, and wanted the flavor to be a little stronger, so I decided to make a raspberry reduction to drizzle on top! It was just what these little cupcakes needed to be perfect!
(sorry for the poor picture quality, I was in a hurry after work to get myself put together too!) The birthday girl seemed to enjoy them! Happy birthday Anna!

No comments:

Post a Comment