Saturday, February 12, 2011

Red...

Velvet of course! Its the perfect cake to make for your loved one on Valentine's day (or your friend-who-can't-bake's loved one...) I was enlisted by my friend Kellye to help make some cupcakes for her boyfriend, and I can never turn down the opportunity to bake!
We used this recipe from Paula Dean which produced a vibrantly red batter, just the way it should be! I'm loving these adorable heart cupcake liners! They baked up while we worked on the cream cheese frosting, and after they cooled we started a lesson in piping! I piped one to demo then topped it with these pretty gold sprinkles! I love the way the gold looks with the vibrant red cake and simple cream frosting. Kellye had a little trouble getting the hang of it... but eventually she figured it out! The cake was so moist! (we won't mention right now just how much oil is in this recipe... just trust me, its worth it) There was some extra batter so I made a few mini's to keep for our house :) Proud bakers! Hope you and Jamie enjoy the cupcakes Kellye!

No comments:

Post a Comment