Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy (late) Valentine's Day!

This past weekend was the most perfect weekend! We got snow Friday afternoon and rehearsal ended up getting cancelled, then we went to Atlanta and had an amazing dinner with Mallory and Rob (homemade tamales, three kinds of salsa, homemade flan, and fresh margaritas) and stayed the night with them, then had an amazing performance at the Georgia Aquarium on Saturday! It was my first time at the Georgia Aquarium and we all got free tickets to look around for performing! This is the stage we got to dance on, with the black silks hanging between the tables in the middle, and an amazing view of whale sharks in the tank in the back. It was a black tie event for million dollar donors to the university, and it was beautiful!

When I got back from Atlanta Saturday night I worked on some prep for our all girls Valentine's day tea party! Friday, before leaving for ATL, I made another batch of Bakerella's cake truffles like the ones I made for Christmas, still red velvet but with white chocolate colored shades of pink!
Then I got to making some cucumber tea sandwiches!
Everything is cuter heart shaped!

I found these adorable cupcake liners at Target!

The cupcakes I ended up deciding to make came from this adorable cupcake calendar. I skipped ahead to November to find a chocolate recipe I liked and it turned out pretty well, although not quite as chocolaty as I would have liked. But the raspberry butter cream turned out really well, and it was a beautiful shade of pink to try out piping flowers for the first time!they turned out pretty well for my first time!

Then Sunday morning Kristina Virginia and Tara came early to help decorate and set things up!

Kristina made adorable place cards for everyone, and Tara put together the centerpiece of wild roses and sunflowers!We had four different tea pots with peppermint, pomegranate, pear, and Darjeeling teas!

everyone wore pink and red and looked adorable with dainty tea cups!

the hostesses!

even my front door got a festive face lift! The hearts made me smile, even after a long hard rehearsal today, I don't think I'll ever take them down! Hope everyone had a wonderful Valentine's day!

No comments:

Post a Comment