Monday, February 1, 2010

Its February!!

And February brings with it some things that I'm really excited about!
1. Our CORE Concert Dance Company show is running the 24th-27th. What we have been working on since AUGUST! and its finally about to be here and gone (excited about dancing and being done...)
2. My mom and sister are coming to watch me dance and visit Athens and I cant wait to show them around my favorite restaurants, shops and fun little places!
3. Valentine's Day! Not for romantic reasons, but for an all girls tea-party we are putting on at my house Sunday morning. (more to come on this later, with tons of pictures of decorations and treats!)

4. All the cute things I have already bought and made for the tea-party (and myself...) including

this adorable valentines apron that I made over the break!


I love digging in my moms button box, you can always find what you need.

I found these old teacups at Goodwill the other day. I want to start a collection of old teacups, drinking out of them makes me feel like dainty! I really want some of these teeny tiny teacup rings, too bad they are sold out :(

Then I found this sweet little teapot at TJMaxx, my favorite place to find steals. So cute for our tea-party!

And finally, I found these tiny treasures at Target! Adorable little place card holders that will probably turn into picture holders on my desk, already make me smile in the morning when checking e-mail.

Hope everyone is as excited for February as I am! Now I just have to survive the workload all my professors are throwing at me in addition to long rehearsals and tech nights for the show!

3 comments:

  1. oh my goodness i can't wait for the tea party! i was distracted in ballet yesterday thinking of what i was going to wear...haha. let me know what i can do to help with decorations/food/whatnot!

    yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited to visit you!!

    PS: Your Valentine's day party looks like it'll be adorable! Definitely take lots of pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I raised you right- tea party! yay! But keep out of my button box! Those are my treasures- but I guess I can share them when they are put to such good use. I made a Valentine's apron for Karleen's niece and even a little pot holder. I thinks she's really enjoyed it- but she's 2... now how old are you? Go girl! lovemom

    ReplyDelete